The Superbonus 110% is a tax break introduced by the recent “Decreto Rilancio 2020”, which allows energy efficiency works of buildings at no cost or with an extremely low investment.
Against qualifying expenditures paid between July 1st 2020 to December 31st 2021, it is possible to benefit from an increasing tax credit percentage to 110%, compared to those provided by the “traditional” Ecobonus (50-65%).
Which are the qualifying expenditures?
By qualifying expenditures we mean the works that improve the energy efficiency of a building of at least two classes, thus allowing access to the 110% tax break. They are:
• thermal insulation of vertical, horizontal and inclined opaque surfaces, affecting the building envelope with an incidence of more than 25% of the gross dispersing surface of the building itself (i.e. insulated coating).
• the replacement of existing heating centralized systems (i.e. condensing boiler).
In addition to these energy requalification interventions, also the implementation of works for the seismic safety allows access to the increased rates.
Which are the connected qualifying expenditures?
The connected qualifying expenses are further interventions that do not automatically attract the Superbonus 110%, but if they are carried out in conjunction with at least one of the qualifying interventions, it is possible to extend the Superbonus 110% to such expenses.
This is particularly interesting for replacing existing windows with new ones (including those equipped with integrated ScreenLine® blinds).
Thus, when the replacement of doors and windows is carried out at the same time of a qualifying expenditure, it is possible to obtain the 110% tax recovery also on this type of expense*.
How to get the tax break?
In order to benefit from the Superbonus, in addition to the requirements of the Ecobonus, it is necessary:
• to submit a technical feasibility study that evaluates the necessary interventions in order to achieve the energy class improvement required to obtain the tax credit;
• to certify the compliance with the technical requirements and the expenses adequacy incurred through asseverations or sworn statements performed by qualified technicians;
• to obtain an accounting statement, a document certifying the existence of the conditions required by law to benefit of the tax credit.
How to benefit from the deduction?
In addition to the tax deduction described above, there are two other options that allow you to obtain economic benefits from energy efficiency interventions.
- The invoice discount is the option that allows to benefit from the deduction in the shortest time. It is especially useful for those who do not have the financial resources to pay for all interventions or for those who prefer this solution to the tax deduction recoverable in 5 years. The discount, which can be total or partial, is applied directly by suppliers who provide the end user with the window or door equipped with an integrated blind or indoor sun shading systems.
- The third option is the transfer of the tax credit due to other subjects, including banks or insurance companies. Also in this case, it is the supplier who deals with all the administrative procedures.
* In the event of an Ecobonus request, check whether, based on the climatic zone of installation, it is more convenient to include the cost of the solar shading/blind in the invoice of the window or to invoice it separately.